University & Professional Relations
Coltène/Whaledent AG is an experienced developer, manufacturer and distributor of reliable, high-quality dental products.
Much of our success is directly related to our long-term commitment and close relationship with the institutions and lecturers that provide dental education.
Coltène/Whaledent AG is actively engaged with dental education on many levels. Our products are used and demonstrated in classrooms and clinics throughout the world. Not only do we believe there is an obligation to be active in the training of the dental community but this close proximity has led us to the development of many innovative and unique products as well as the continual improvement of existing products. Coltène/Whaledent AG has programs, media and other resources that are available to assist dental institutions in various ways.
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from (01/01/2014) to (12/31/2016).
Provider ID 211215
Advanced continuing dental education at the highest level; - Based on world-renowned faculty and a state-of-the art-facility, IDEA offers intense hands on-courses in the San Francisco area.
IDEA creates a learning environment that establishes a mentoring relationship between instructor and participant. Through the intense hands-on training in the cutting edge simulation laboratory, these innovative courses satisfy the specific needs of all dental professionals - from general practitioner to specialist to dental technician.
The IDEA experience will forever change the way you practice.
IDEA covers the full range of dental disciplines. IDEA’s unbeaten added value is the small class size of 16 participants, which allows every participant to progress at their own pace.
IDEA is a certified provider of continuing education credits for AGD PACE, AACD PESA, the Dental Board of California, and NBC in Dental Technology.
Grow with The Leading Academy. IDEA.
If you seek for new possibilities in advanced dental education, visit IDEA’s website or contact us:
Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy
1291 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 123
Foster City, CA, 94404
phone: +1 650 578 9495
Excellence through Passion. IDEA.
Dam-It, It's Easy!
Education Programs - Two Ways to Earn Valuable CE Credit
(Only available in the United States)
1. The "Hands-On" Seminar
This fast paced seminar combines a state-of-the-art, multimedia presentation featuring simplified dental dam application techniques. Learning will be enhanced via the participant's application of dam on typodonts utilizing the techniques discussed in the presentation.
Who Can Benefit from This Seminar?
• Dental Auxiliaries (CDA; RDA; RDH)
• Dental Professional Societies
• Dental Professional Students/Study Clubs
Why You Should Attend:
• Earn valuable CE credit.
• Learn how dental dam utilization improves patient management and increases your productivity.
• Learn an easy method of clamp selection.
• Learn simpliFied application techniques that expedite dental dam placement.
2. The Self-Study Program
An excellent way for dental professionals to increase their value to the dental practice while earning valuable CE credit in the convenience of their own home! Train the entire dental staff to utilize the easiest…and most efficient application methods.
• VHS video
• Companion Handbook
Both the "Hands-On" Seminar and the Self-Study Program are approved for continuing education credits by the Academy of General Dentistry, and the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB).
Remove The Barriers To Dental Dam Placement
• Important reasons to use dam
• Important implications dam usage will have in your practice of dentistry
Remove The Mystery To Dam Application
• Selecting the appropriate color and gauge of dam
• Simple guidelines for clamp/retainer selection
Making Dam Application Easier
• WEDJETS" Cord - A clamp-less technique
• Winged Techn!que - A combined-step method
• Modified Winged Technique -The wingless alternative
• Water-Soluble Lubricant - A slick trick to placing dam inter-proximally
• Loop Technique - A method to expedite dam placement through tight contacts
Pearls of Wisdom
• Suggestions for dam usage with interproximal restorations
• Guidelines to prevent leakage
• Tips for isolating structurally compromised teeth
• Uses for General Field Isolation
"Hands-On" Seminar - 3 CE units. Self-Study Program - 2 CE units· Student Seminars available
For more information please e-mail: email@example.com
Academy of General Dentistry, Approved PACE Program Provider,
FAGD/MAGD Credit, 11/03/02 to 12/31/06